top of page
EOSH UK Award in Flagman Safety Training
(EOSH - Environmental Occupational Safety and Health)
The Award in Flagman Safety Training is a specialized course designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform flagging duties effectively and safely. The course focuses on developing participants’ understanding of flagging procedures, communication techniques, and hazard identification. Participants will learn how to direct traffic, control access to work zones, and ensure the safety of workers and the public. The course aims to enhance participants’ ability to perform the critical role of a flagman and contribute to a safe working environment.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 4-5 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
• Introduction to Flagman Safety Training
• Legal and Regulatory Requirements for Flagging Operations
• Roles and Responsibilities of a Flagman
• Flagging Procedures and Techniques
• Communication Skills for Flagmen
• Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment in Flagging Operations
• Traffic Control Devices and Equipment
• Traffic Management Plans and Work Zone Safety
• Emergency Response and Incident Management
• Flagging in Various Environments (e.g., construction sites, roadwork)
• Weather Conditions and their Impact on Flagging Operations
• Continuous Improvement in Flagman Safety Practices
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
EOSH - UK: Lifting & Rigging Courses:
Highfield - UK Courses
EOSH - UK Courses
CPD - UK Courses
bottom of page