top of page
EOSH UK Award in Arc Flash and Shock Electrical Safety
(EOSH - Environmental Occupational Safety and Health)
The EOSH UK Award in Arc Flash and Shock Electrical Safety is designed to provide participants with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with arc flash and electrical shock incidents. The course focuses on raising awareness about electrical hazards, prevention strategies, and appropriate safety measures to mitigate the risks effectively. Participants will gain insights into the relevant regulations and standards governing electrical safety in the UK, as well as best practices for working safely in electrical environments. The course combines theoretical learning with practical demonstrations and case studies to enhance participants’ understanding and enable them to apply the knowledge in real-world scenarios.
The qualification has recommended course duration of 5 days.
Note: However the course duration may be increased to meet additional learning needs if required but not reduced.
• Introduction to electrical hazards: Arc flash and electrical shock incidents.
• Overview of relevant legislation and regulations in the UK.
• Understanding electrical systems and equipment.
• Principles of arc flash and shock risk assessment.
• Identification of potential electrical hazards and risk mitigation strategies.
• Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements for arc flash and shock protection.
• Safe work practices and procedures for electrical maintenance and operations.
• Emergency response and first aid procedures for electrical incidents.
• Incident investigation and reporting.
• Case studies and practical demonstrations to reinforce learning.
This qualification is evaluated using assessments and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). To receive this qualification, the learner must pass both tests with a certain percentage.
EOSH - UK: Electrical Safety Courses:
Highfield - UK Courses
EOSH - UK Courses
CPD - UK Courses
bottom of page